Butter chicken with Règâh Masala
Philip loves Butter Chicken and Règâh Rub Ol'Timers Dirty Hogs. That is why he surprised us with this delicious recipe that combines the two. With this simple dish you bring the Indian & The Hague cuisine on the table in no time. Philip has made the recipe in the kitchen but it is also easy to prepare on the BBQ in a Dutch Oven.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Amount: 3 persons 1x
- Category: Main course
- Cuisine: Indian
- 600 grams chicken drumsticks or chicken fillet
- 4 Tbsp. Règâh Rub Ol'Timers Dirty Hogs ( -> Click here and order directly in the webshop)
- 2 expressing medium-sized
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped ginger
- 3 tablespoons Garam Masala
- 15 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper
- 200 grams butter
- 125 millilitre whipped cream
- 600 grams Passata (sieved tomato)
- Flat parsley (weirdos can also use coriander)
- Cut the chicken into pieces or strips. Not too small.
- Throw the chicken in a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of Ol' Timers Dirty Hogs.
- Cut the onion into large pieces or strips.
- Melt 50 grams of butter in the pan and fry the chicken until golden brown without cooking it.
- Once the chicken is browned, remove it from the pan and set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan, add 50 grams of butter and add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry on low heat until the onion and garlic are a little glazed.
- Now add the remaining Ol'Timers Dirty Hogs, Garah Masala, cumin powder and cayenne pepper and fry for another minute or two to allow the aroma to release from the spices.
- Now add the passata and allow the mixture to reduce gently for 5 minutes before pouring the chicken into the sauce.
- Let the chicken cook in the sauce for another 5 minutes and add the cream and 100 grams of butter.
- Season with pepper and salt and leave to simmer for a few more minutes.
- Garnish with chopped flat parsley if necessary.
- Your Règâh Masala is ready!
- Serving suggestion:
- White basmati rice
- Naan, bought ready to eat and warmed in the oven
- Cassava Chips
Keywords: Butter Chicken, Règâh Rub, Ol'Timers Dirty Hogs, BBQ seasoning, Indian, indian cuisine, The Hague, Chicken