Asian-American Chicken Skewer
If Bas from The Wine Designer drops by, one thing is certain: you don't have to worry about the wine. In addition to his knowledge of wine, Bas is also a great cook. His preference lies with Asian cuisine. This surprising recipe is a special mix of authentic Asian flavours combined with Règâh Rub Smokin' Hot Chicks. America meats Asia! Bas from The Wine Designer poured a hit of a Chardonnay from Irony with this recipe, highly recommended.
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Category: Side dish, Main course
- Cuisine: American, Asian
- 50 grams Régâh Rub Smokin' Hot Chicks ( -> Click here and order directly in the webshop)
- 1 kg Chicken thigh
- 1 Onion
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of ketoembar
- 2 teaspoons of Laos
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seed
- 2 cm Ginger
- 2 teaspoons of sambal
- 3 teaspoons brown caster sugar
- 8 Tbsp. Ketjap Manis
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. Kikkoman
- Cut the chicken thigh into small pieces
- Chop the onion very finely, as well as the garlic and ginger
- Mix this with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Take a bag or a large bowl, put the pieces of chicken thigh in it together with the mix
- Leave it to marinate for a few hours or a whole night in the fridge
- Take 8 or 9 long metal skewers and thread the chicken thigh on to them.
- Sprinkle the skewers generously with Règâh Rub Smokin' Hot Chicks
- Prepare the BBQ for direct grilling
- Cook the skewers gently on a medium heat until the core is 70 degrees Celsius.
- Finish with a little bbq sauce of your choice if necessary
- Grab a glass of Irony and enjoy!
The perfect wine to serve with it is Irony Chardonnay from Monterey County. A Californian Chardonnay all the way with delicious exotic aromas and a thick, ripe flavour. The spiciness and oak ageing go well with the full bbq flavours of this dish. Have it? Check out www.vinify.nl and get this American top wine!
Keywords: Asian-American, Asian-American Chicken Skewer, Chardonnay, Chicken Skewer, Irony, Chicken skewer, regah rub, Smokin' Hot Chicks, Vinify